Pengetahuan dalam ikatan tali amat penting sekali untuk memancing. Selain itu teknik penyambungan antara tali mono dan braided ini amat penting sekali terutamanya ketika mengikat tali shock leader. Sambungan antara dua jenis tali ini juga perlu di sesuaikan dengan teknik yang hendak digunakan samaada teknik dasar, jigging ataupun teknik popping. Pasti ada antara 2-3 ikatan yang menjadi kegemaran para pemancing. Apa kata jika kita mengenali ikatan tali untuk memancing dengan lebih dekat lagi. Anda mungkin tahu tentang ikatan ini, tetapi adakah anda mengenali nama ikatan tersebut. Mari kita lihat.
1. Make a loop in the heavier line and run about 10” of the lighter line through the loop.
2. Hold the 3 lines between your thumb and index finger. Wrap the light line back over itself and both strands of the loop.
3. Make 10 tightly wrapped turns. Feed the tag end back through the loop and exit the loop the same side as it entered.
4. Hold both ends of the heavy line and slide the wraps to the end of the loop. Pull the light line to tighten and clip tag end close to the knot.
1. Form a loop in the line at the desired location. Pass line from one side of loop through and around that side of loop. Make 5+ wraps and keep new loop, which is formed, open.
2. Push bottom of original loop up through new opening and hold with teeth. Wet knot with saliva and pull both ends in opposite directions.
3. Pull ends of line evenly until coils tighten and loop stands out from line.
1. Lay a nail or hollow tube against the end of a fly line. Set the butt section end of a leader against the line and tube. Leave an extra 10 – 12” of its tag end to tie the Knot.
2. Make 6-8 close together wraps, working left to right, back around the leader, line and tube or nail. Pass the tag end through the tube or the space made by the nail and remove the tube.
3. Pull tag end to snug up the coils then tag end and leader to seat the knot firmly onto the fly line.
4. Trim tag end close to the knot.
1. Make a loop in the line and in the leader and hold loops side by side. Note line running from left is on the top part of each loop.
2. Insert index finger into loops and make 3 full counter clock-wise twists.
3. Hold loops opens and feed tag end of line and entire leader through loop following finger out of loop.
4. Moisten lines and pull on all 4 ends to cinch knot into a figure eight. Alternately pull tag ends and leader/line to tighten.
5. Trim tag ends close to the knot
1. Lay the main line and leader on top of one another overlapping each other by several inches.
2. Form a loop by tying a simple overhand knot, pulling entire leader through loop.
3. Run end of line and entire leader through loop from the backside.
4. Repeat the process again from the top of the loop entering from the backside of loop to the front and then again repeat from the bottom of the loop.
5. Moisten lines and pull tight.
1. Tie a double overhand knot in the end of the leader.
2. Pull knot only semi-tight to form a figure eight.
3. Double 15-24” of main line and pass through top and bottom of figure eight. Wrap 4 times down the leader and 3 times back again. Pass loop through first gap formed by the wraps.
4. Tighten down the figure eight knot in the leader (pull 1’s). Then make a fast, steady pull with the leader and the doubled main line (not the loop) (pull 2’s).
5. Trim off loop and tag ends of the double line.
1. Lay the line and leader on top of one another overlapping each other by several inches.
2. Form a simple loop
3. Pass both the tag end and the entire leader through the loop 2 times.
4. Moisten knot and pull all 4 ends tight.
1. Lay leader and doubled main line from reel parallel to each other. Doubled main line is often created with a Bimini Twist for this knot.
2. Wrap doubled line around leader 4 to six times if using mono or fluorocarbon, 10 to 15 times if using braid.
3. Now feed end of leader through loop at end of doubled line.
4. Pull doubled line and leader in opposite directions to tighten knot. Note that although the wraps were made with the doubled line, when the knot is pulled tight the leader will wrap onto the doubled line.